Traditional Charm with Development Opportunity in Prime Location!
Beautiful character home with stunning rear views of Herston and huge expansion potential. With over 500sqm of spacious backyard with opportunity to subdivide, develop townhouses or extend the existing house to create your dream home!
Rarely you will find a property within short walking distance to the Victoria Park, Royal Brisbane Womens Hospital, Herston Quarter QUT, Kelvin Grove State College and Kelvin Grove Village. This stylish character and renovated Queenslander is zoned LMR2 and offers plenty of outdoor and indoor space, complete with airy living, bedrooms and a large rear yard with development potential.
Auction In-Room on Friday 27th May at 6:00pm at 400 Newmarket Road, Newmarket.
Key Summary of Property:
• Prime corner allotment, character Queenslander home with two frontages.
• 50m to Bus stop with direct services to Brisbane CBD
• 200m to the QUT University entrance
• 400m to Kelvin Grove State School (Prep, Primary and High school)
• 700m to Metro North Health Services
• High rental demand location for professionals, students (and families)
• Located outside of floodzone
• Located in-between 2 future Olympic venues (Victoria Park and Ballymore) that are less than a 5-minute walk away
• Multiple development options (existing home, subdivision and development can cater for regular residences/townhouses).
• Engineering and design approvals to develop undercroft to add 2 further rooms, lounge, bathroom and garage
• DA approved for an additional 3 townhouses at rear of block.
• Beautifully renovated, charming character workers cottage style home with four bedrooms and two bathrooms.
• Original polished hardwood timber floors and lofty 3.9m ceilings.
• Renovated kitchen with electric cooktop, oven and plenty of storage.
• Renovated bathrooms with combined shower and toilet.
• Full electrical upgrade for the home.
• New timber fence throughout the exterior of the home.
• Commanding a significant landholding of 607m2 and north facing with amazing views, this corner position currently sits on a pre-war dwelling positioned in the front of the allotment with additional land at the rear of the property for future development.
• DA has been approved for 3 x townhouses and existing house to be upgraded. Three townhouses consist of 2 x 4 bedrooms, 1 x 3 bedroom and renovated existing dwelling with 4 bedrooms plus study (Please request accompanying DA documentation from the agent).
• Engineering approval for development of undercroft to expand house into 6 bedroom, 2 lounge and 3 bathroom
• Zoned LMR2 (Low-medium density residential).
• Corner allotment, located at the corner of Franklin St and Scott Road.
Herston is a small inner-city suburb within a short 3.5km to the CBD, near the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, 'world class' Victoria Park, Ballymore Stadium, Herston Quarter Kelvin Grove State College, Kelvin Grove Urban Village, and ideally located for the significant student population that studies at the nearby Queensland University of Technology and University of Queensland.
It is within walking distance to Victoria Park, the largest inner city greenspace, with 64 hectares of open space, perfect to have a picnic, kick the footy, climb trees, have a game of putt putt or walk your four-legged friends.
Close proximity to major roads, busways and bike paths offers multiple options for travelling into Fortitude Valley, Southbank and the CBD. Easy access to the tunnels puts you just 20 minutes from the airport and allows for quick getaways to the coasts.
Brisbane CBD is only 8mins drive away and with the 2032 Olympics now officially confirmed, this is an outstanding opportunity to own a significant landholding in the heart of Herston and benefit from future capital growth next within walking distance to 2 Olympic Venues.
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.
Whilst all reasonable attempts have been made to verify the accuracy of the information provided, the Selling agents confirm that they cannot guarantee accuracy of the same and accept no liability (express or implied)in the event that any information contained in the document or provided within is inaccurate. Parties must ensure they make their own due diligence enquiries to satisfy themselves about the accuracy of the information. This information provided is indicative only and must not be relied upon unless confirmed by a party through their own due diligence.