I was privileged enough to receive a referral from one of my past clients to meet with the sellers of 24 Hoffman Street McDowall back in March, they had recently lost their grandmother and needed to sell her beautiful home.
The home was a knock down rebuild with contemporary finishes throughout, a sprawling low set perfect for a young family. She had lived in the previous house since 1974, so there was a lot of emotion attached to the sale. We agreed with the clients it would really do the property justice to take it to auction as it appealed to more than one demographic of buyer. The home has been built to suit an established family, and had been modified to allow someone with a physical disability to live independently.
This is truly a remarkable result for the suburb and a perfect example of the competitive market we are currently experiencing and how Auctions drive the competition.
THE AUCTION CAMPAIGN | CASE STUDY
Auction Held On-Site Saturday 8th May 2021 at 12:00pm
- Sale price $1M+ well over the reserve price
- 15 registered bidders in a cash unconditional position
- 80 people in attendance
- 7 written offers prior to auction
- Best offer prior to auction $900,000
About The Buyer:
- Young professional family of 3
- Private inspection just 3 days prior to the auction
About The Campaign:
- 3 week campaign launched on Monday 19th April
- Saturday open homes both morning and afternoon
- Mid-week open homes in the evening in the second and third week
- 111 buyer inspections
- 75 phone & email enquiries
As a result of this fantastic campaign, we have 14 left over buyers in a cash position, and many additional buyers subject to finance conditions, that are ready to purchase now. I would love to help them buy their next home in your area.
I would appreciate the opportunity to chat if you have been considering selling. Options include Auction, Private Treaty or Off Market. I would love to hear from you anytime and can be contacted on 0415 662 802.